Thursday, March 20, 2008

TPE A: Making subject matter comprehensible to students


A. Making Subject Matter Comprehensible to Students
TPE 1 - Specific Pedagogical Skills for Subject Matter Instruction
  • Understanding the state-adopted academic content standards
  • Understanding how to teach the subject matter in the standards
  • Planning instruction that addresses the standards
  • Demonstrating the ability to teach to the standards.
How can technology help you in your specific subject matter?

Links:
Reflection:
I have found that I return to the grade level standards constantly to see what information I really need to focus on for my students. Many of the subjects are so extensive that reviewing these very accessible standards frequently has been a boon. I have also found that any time I want to find information on how others have taught a specific subject matter, all I have to do is type "subject x lesson plans" into my search engine, and I have numerous tried and true ideas at my disposal. While I need to tailor them to my specific needs, I don't have to invent the entire wheel each time.

No comments: